Laura Napoli-Janitens’ practice focuses on complex commercial litigation and construction law. She has experience representing clients in a variety of business and contract disputes, including litigation involving breach of contract, fraud, industrial construction, pipelines, water supply distribution systems, CERCLA, and tort defense.
Prior to joining Nathan Sommers Jacobs, Laura served as a judicial intern to The Honorable David Jones and The Honorable Melinda Harmon, both in the Southern District of Texas. Laura is fluent in Spanish and Italian.
Outside of the office, Laura enjoys spending time with her husband and rescue dog, exploring Houston’s restaurants, and travelling.
Admitted to Practice
Doctorate of Jurisprudence, University of Houston Law Center, 2015
Master of Interior Design, Florence Design Academy, 2007
Bachelor of Arts in English, Loyola University, 2005, magna cum laude
- Member of Texas State Bar Association
- Member of Houston Bar Association
- Dean’s Scholarship Recipient – University of Houston Law Center
- Tax Law Writing Award – Houston Business & Tax Law Journal
- Borrower Beware: The Ramifications of the Court’s Re-Characterization of a Loan Transaction, 15 Hous. Bus. & Tax L. J. 329 (2015).